The Ivory Coast suffered a tumultuous decade up to 2011; gripped by political turmoil and an intermittent civil war, the country's infrastructure and economy deteriorated. However, since 2011, the Ivory Coast has become one of Africa's economic success stories.
Despite ongoing political uncertainty and an aging power infrastructure, the Government of the Ivory Coast wishes to establish the Ivory Coast as a middle-income country, extend access to power to the entire population and become the leading energy market in sub-Saharan Africa.
Ivory Coast offers a relatively well-developed road infrastructure, the second-largest port in West Africa and a modern airport with a national airline (Air Côte d’Ivoire) that serves all the major cities in the region. Also, incentives have been implemented to boost industrialisation in the agricultural sector where there are many processing plant construction projects in cocoa, cashew nuts, rubber tree and palm oil.
The country wishes to diversify its economy and focus on priority sectors like Real Estate, Financial Sector, Energy Infrastructure, Transport Infrastructure, Telecom, Agri-business and Tourism.
HOW MITCO CAN HELP FOR INVESTMENTS IN IVORY COAST?
MITCO has an office in Ivory Coast, MITCO COTE D’IVOIRE based in Abidjan to assist clients willing to expand their business in west and sub-Saharan Africa as well as in the other African countries and internationally via Mauritius.
- Assistance to clients in regions to expand and invest internationally;
- Assistance to setting up of regional headquarters and holding structures and SPVs internationally;
- Guidance for clients on the right partner: Financial, professional, commercial;
- Structuring of Private Equity (PE) Funds/Collective Investment Scheme
- Offering customized solutions to add value to the business of our clients; and
- Keeping clients abreast of international evolutions
For more information, please feel free to contact our team as follows:
MITCO representative in Ivory Coast, Mr. Franck Gosse
Phone number: + 225 64 09 1090
Our Business Development Team
Phone number: + 230 404 8000