In the venture of invigorating food processing activities, Mauritius has introduced the Registration Certificate (Food Processing) which aims at enhancing the value chain through the cultivation and importation of agricultural products to be used as raw materials for processing into intermediate and finished products as well as to encourage re-export activities.
The following are qualifying criteria for the Registration Certificate:
a. A company that has started its operations on or after 8 June 2017 and is running a food processing plant for food processing activities and for the manufacture of products from agricultural and medicinal plants and herbs either as intermediate goods or finished products;
b. The process of producing the goods should involve a value-addition of not less than 20% of the ex-factory costs of the finished product;
c. Goods intended for export are required to satisfy the rules of origin of preferential markets; and
d. At least 50% of the final goods manufactured by the company should be exported after 2 years as from the date from which the company starts its operation.
Registered certificate holders benefit from the following:
- Income Tax Holiday for 8 years of operation;
- Exemption from payment Registration duty and land transfer tax for the purchase of immovable property; and
- Exemption from payment of Value Added Tax (VAT) on equipment and machinery.
HOW MITCO CAN HELP?
- Assistance with the set up of the Domestic Company
- Assistance for preparation of the necessary documents for application for Registration Certificate
- Submission of the application to the Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Follow up with the EDB
- Provision of company secretarial and administration services
- Provision of accounting & tax services
For more information, please contact:
The Business Development Team by email email@example.com or phone them on + 230 404 8000.